USD 446 Independence Public Schools was presented the 2022 Values Driven Award at the Annual Kansas Cognia Fall Conference. The Values Driven Award of Excellence recognizes institutions that systematically and systemically model the following values throughout its day-to-day efforts to improve outcomes for students:
- Dream Big. We are not constrained by the current environment or framework even as we work within existing systems.
- Stand for the Learner. We represent the interests of all learners with a commitment to equity and integrity.
- Drive Potential. We create and initiate change, growth, and innovation in our work but also among each other. We embrace the individuality we bring and strive for excellence as a team.
- Be Tenacious. We are relentless in pursuing our mission.
- Build Connections. We expand and nurture our internal and external relationships.
- Be Bold and Daring. We take risks that support our beliefs.
What a wonderful tribute to the hard work and dedication that each and every USD 446 employee puts into improving our community by providing a quality education to Independence youth.